I always enjoy the opportunity to speak to groups on topics related to Christian discipleship and theology. If you are interested in having me speak at an upcoming conference, gathering, church event, camp, or other setting, then click here to contact me. Take a look below for topics and titles of previous talks. I'm always interested in developing new topics as well. Head over to the video page for a few samples.Past Speaking Engagements
- "Paul's Letter to the Romans," Bethlehem Family Camp (June 2015).
- "Marriage and the Image of God: The Beauty of Biblical Sexuality," Susquehanna Annual Conference Evangelical Network (June 11, 2015).
- “From Mortal Body to Redeemed Body: Resurrection, Social Identity, and Time in Romans,” Wesleyan Theological Society, Mount Vernon, OH (March 2015).
- "Incubating the Ecclesial Theologian: A Proposal for a Church-Based Ph.D.," Wesleyan Theological Society, Mount Vernon, OH (March 2015)
- "Resurrection or Destruction? Social Identity and Time
in Philippians 3," Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting, San
Diego, CA (2014).
- "Embracing Resurrection: Temporal Aspects of Social Identity in 1 Corinthians 15," British New Testament Conference, Manchester, England (2014).
- "Marriage and the Image of God: The Beauty of Biblical Sexuality," Western North Carolina Conference Evangelical Movement (June 20, 2014).
- "Lay Speakers Lead in Evangelism," Montgomery-Opelika District Lay Speaker Training (Feb. 8-9, 2013).
- "Relational Evangelism," Montgomery-Opelika District Leadership Academy (January 13, 2013).
- "Did Paul think he Was Perfect? Christian Perfection and it's Eschatological Framework in Philippians 3:15," Wesleyan Theological Society (March 2-3, 2012).
- "How do I do the work of an evangelist?" Montgomery-Opelika District Leadership Academy (January 29, 2012).
- "What is God's will for my life?" Bullock County Fellowship of Christian Athletes (October 13, 2011).
- "Live Worthy: Paul's Letter to the Philippians" Bethlehem Camp (June 17-24, 2011).
- "Waiting for His Promised Coming: Eschatology and Ethics in Chain-Link in 2 Peter 3," Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting (November 21, 2010).
- "Living our Hope: How Resurrection Shapes the Life of Holiness," Bethlehem Camp (June 19-20, 2010).
- "'The Sea Is No More': Evil, Exodus, and New Creation in Revelation 21:1c," Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting (November 25, 2008).
- Theology, Bible, and Culture
- The Message of the Gospel of Matthew
- The Message of the Gospel of Mark
- Paul's Theology and Letters
- A Future with a Hope: God's Plan to Renew the World
- How do I study the Bible? (Inductive Bible Study)
- What does it mean to be Methodist?
- Wesleyan Theology (for everyone!)
- God's Love for Life
- Pro-life is Social Justice
- Church Gatherings and Church Leadership Development
- How do I do the work of an evangelist?
- How do I make disciples?